The practice has a Patient Participation Group which has been running since January 2010. It is hoped that over time it will develop to provide a voice for patients on local health related matters. It will become a forum for feedback when new local services are being developed. The Patient Participation Group (PPG) meets quarterly, on the third Thursday of January, April, July and October, at 6.30pm at the practice.
Membership of the group consists of patients, one GP and the Practice Manager.
Terms of reference for the group are:
Terms of Reference - April 2010 (revised April 2013)
- Provide a forum for patients where they will have the opportunity to collaborate with and support the practice, and provide a patient perspective to the practice.
- Enable, where appropriate, patients to influence local health care services.
- Provide the link between the practice staff and the wider registered patient population’s views.
- Reviewing patient feedback annually as part of a practice led patient survey.
- Provide a link for the practice to wider community representative groups, for example Andover Health Forum, TVBC, other PPGs, local branches of charities ie. Help the Aged, Mencap, BHF, etc.
- Provide links for patients with specific needs to form support groups or join existing local support groups.
- Share best practice and good ideas that are picked up from elsewhere which might enhance the wellbeing of patients and staff.
- Give input to practice communications to ensure clear, plain English, for example, practice information leaflets, website content, and so on.
- Provide a sounding board and input for major changes to services.
- Support the practice in its dealings with other bodies.
- Review these terms of reference annually.
- The group will consist of members who are registered patients of Charlton Hill Surgery plus one or two members of the practice.
- A chair person, vice chair person and a secretary will be elected from the patients within the group normally for their period of their tenure.
- A quorum will exist at formal meetings when there are four or more members present.
- Other interested patients or members of staff may be co-opted from time to time when their input is considered of particular value.
- The tenure of the patient members will initially be staggered. Two members, three members and two members will have tenure of one year, two and three years respectively. Thereafter, member tenure will be set at three years. This will ensure that not all members leave the group at the same time and will provide continuity. Normally when a member’s tenure comes to end they can rejoin the group after the absence of one year but if no one is willing to take their place they can continue for another three years.
- Patients who would like to serve to the group should let the practice know. The group will approve their membership ahead of tenure of existing member ending.
- If a member is unable to attend meetings they should offer their apologies ahead of the meeting.
- If a member is disruptive or uncooperative within the group, they may be asked to resign by the chair person or the vice chair person after consultation with the group.
- The group will normally meet every three months.
- Meetings will have an agenda and minutes. Minutes of the meetings will be available for public viewing on the website.
- The chair will produce a short annual review report so that details of activity done and proposed can be formally recorded.
- Members will agree to treat items discussed as confidential where appropriate.
PPG Patient leaflet
PPG minutes Jan 2010 PPG minutes Mar 2010 PPG minutes Apr 2010
PPG minutes May 2010 PPG minutes Jul 2010 PPG minutes Sep 2010
PPG minutes Nov 2010 PPG minutes Jan 2011 PPG minutes Mar 2011
PPG minutes May 2011 PPG minutes Jul 2011 PPG minutes Nov 2011
PPG minutes Jan 2012 PPG minutes Apr 2012 PPG minutes Jul 2012
PPG minutes Oct 2012 PPG minutes Apr 2013 1307 PPG minutes.pdf
1310 PPG minutes.pdf 1401 PPG minutes.pdf 1404 PPG minutes.pdf
1407 PPG minutes.pdf 1410 PPG minutes 1501 PPG minutes 1504 PPG minutes 1507 PPG minutes 1510 PPG minutes 1601 PPG minutes 1604 PPG minutes 1607 PPG minutes 1610 PPG minutes 1701 PPG minutes 1704 PPG minutes 1710 PPG minutes 1801 PPG minutes 1804 PPG minutes 1807 PPG minutes